Choosing an international savings account.
Of course choosing a savings account isn't just a question of headline account interest rate! You'll need to take note of other factors such as:
- Whether a bank is authentic - see a list of unauthorised internet banks published by the UK's FSA
- Whether any depositor protection is available
- The bank's credit rating
- Short term bonuses boosting published rates
- Number of withdrawals you can make each year
- Penalties for any unplanned or urgent withdrawals
- Minimum, and maximum, balances you can keep on an account
- Minimum transaction amounts
- Charges for transactions
- How your instructions are taken - by post, fax, email/internet
- Ease of transaction; by cheque, international electronic transfer
Click here to see what a savings account interest rate report looks like.